Your mission is to develop, implement and tune player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position must deal with a wide variety of internal and external partners. Excellent and persuasive communication skills are a must.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver world-class game systems
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure an authentic experience
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game
- Create and maintain design documents and systems specifications for games with an eye toward systems design and then provide verbal and written assessments of the same
- Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multimedia tools
- Interface with other Design teams to ensure systems are understood and utilized
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction
- Use scripting tools to create, iterate, and balance game mechanics and systems
- Play builds of games in-progress and provide concise and prioritized feedback to both internal teams and external partners
- Uphold system designs during a live environment
- Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback
- Mentor fellow Designers
- 5+ years in the games industry working in a system design capacity, with at least 2 shipped titles in the AAA console / PC space
- Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality
- Impressive communication skills
- Solid understanding of systems design with ability to clearly discuss modern trends
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Expertise writing high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Passion for Call of Duty, with understanding of the franchise’s progression and reward systems
- Hunger for gaming (especially online) with a broad range of game experience
- Experience with programming/scripting languages
Extra Points for having…
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space.
- Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
- Experience with visual software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).