A10 Networks seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Regional Sales Manager in a pre-sales and post-sales technical role. This individual must be highly motivated and be able to work independently and as a team.
Daily activities include:
- Showcasing A10 Networks' product solutions.
- Setting up demonstrations and proof pf concepts.
- Explaining features and benefits to highly technical customers.
- Design and configure products to meet specific customer needs.
- Respond to customer queries and RFPs.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence. In addition to the above daily activities this person will:
- Be accountable for direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Keep up-to-date on Layer4-7 Switching and Security competitive solutions, products and services.
- Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- 4+ years of Layer 4-7 Switching experience and expertise
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2-3 switching/routing
- Industry standard application delivery controller product experience required
- Technical Pre-Sales experience
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- Must have in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following areas of specialization:
- Application Acceleration
- Web Application Firewalls
- DDoS mitigation
- IPv6 Migration technologies
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Enterprise Applications
- Network Security
- Network Address Translation
- Knowledge of Layer-4-7 protocols and technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, and Compression.
- Programming experience with languages such as TCL, Python or Java is desired.
- Competitive knowledge in Layer4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a self-starter and add value to the team.
- Understanding of the sales process.