Who We Are:
Hello! We’re starting up a new team here at 2K to - surprise! - make a video game. A first person shooter to be precise. We are a small, scrappy group with a ton of ambition AND the resources to see it realized. That’s pretty rare these days. Think of us like a well-funded startup but without all the gross tech culture trappings. This is an opportunity to join an incredible project on the ground floor.
We’re also hard at work creating a supportive and inclusive culture. Here’s what’s important to us:
Honesty. We do our best to tell it like it is. No information hoarding. No passive-aggressive manipulation. We care about keeping the lines of communication open and uncluttered.
Diversity. Games are better when they are created by people of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Accessibility matters to us – and this is not just about mechanics. All players should be able to relate to the experience we’re creating. And we can’t be more accessible if we’re not actively trying to increase representation on the team and in our game.
Collaboration. So this is on every job posting ever and then the experience is totally the opposite. We’re going to do our best to mean what we say. We’re not sticking people into discipline silos. You’ll probably be working in a pod – collaborating (see!) with people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds.
Opportunity. We believe that people good at what they do shouldn’t be promoted out of their discipline. They should be recognized and rewarded for their talents, not prevented from doing what they excel at. As a result, we’ve instituted a Principal track. You can continue being amazing at what you do without feeling like you’ve hit a dead end or missed out.
Your Well-Being. Work-life balance is important to us and assume it’s important to you. We’re going to do our best to avoid a lot of the traditional pitfalls that lead to crunch. We’re not into negative reinforcement or creating a culture of fear.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help drive, manage and mentor the systems team while providing technical designs, writing, implementing, and debugging code for new and upgraded software products
What You Will Do:
- Mentor other engineers and help them improve their programming skills
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
- Working in Unreal 4 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- At least 1 shipped AAA game as a senior or principal systems engineer
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for current generation game consoles (Xbox One/PS4)
- Experience working on core engine systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expert in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Familiarity with Unreal engine
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Experience with open world games desired but not required.