Senior .NET Developer with full life-cycle experience to join a small but highly effective team for in-house development of multiple applications
The Senior Systems Developer participates in the delivery of medium to large-scale development efforts by participation and support of all facets of the systems development life cycle. They will assist in overseeing some of the development and support of custom computer applications, providing code review and guidance as required to the development staff. They will participate in the development, review and adoption of coding standards that will be utilized by the development staff and help to provide effective coaching and training. They will align with business partners, project leads and other development staff to ensure that functionality is delivered as required. They may also participate in long-range systems development planning.
- Code will be developed based on secure coding principles. A proven record of secure coding principles and translation of those principles will be required.
- Participates in efficient and accurate operation of the work unit including: assisting with work assignments, review of work product, providing guidance, mentoring and training as required.
- Ensures systems development tasks meet defined business requirements and are developed and documented so they are easily maintained and/or enhanced.
- Participates in and reviews systems development best practices. Participates in ensuring standards are followed in their code and by the development staff.
- Works and meets with other developers, designers, and users, to ensure that the development supports the defined strategic goals of the organization.
- Participates in a high level of system testing in collaboration with the business and infrastructure teams to ensure solid performance and reliability
- Participates in efforts to explore and adopt, when beneficial, emerging and alternative methodologies and toolsets.
- Uses modeling of data and business processes to determine system requirements and design.
- All systems are developed using best practices, for programming, security, database development, documentation, and source code management.
- Will provide consultation with business users on information systems and support of applicable applications with after-hours support if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or combination of related education and experience.
- 5+ years of development and analysis experience.
- 3+ years development experience working in an agile environment desired
- Proven experience with .NET technologies using the MVC framework
- Experience with unit testing or automated testing a plus
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Exceptional communication skills providing timely, concise, and audience appropriate information orally and/or in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Ability to lead change and lead the development of change strategies in support of MPHC goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks efficiently and effectively for self and others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing demands
- Ability to lead change and lead the development of change strategies in support of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of communication venues to ensure delivery of key information to MPHC leadership and staff
- Knowledge of health care and health plan operations and issues desired
- Demonstrated experience with systems development life cycle
- Strong leadership, through expert knowledge of project management, self-confidence, relationship-building, problem-solving, and effective communication
- Experience in RFP development and execution to inform the decision making process for system purchases
- In-depth knowledge of planning and systems and tools
- Manages the progress and status of initiatives, including regular team meetings, update to steering committees, and reporting progress to IT leadership and Martin’s Point organization.
- Builds and maintains key external and internal relationships to ensure successful development, implementation and operation of arrangements within and outside of MPHC.
- Teamwork and Relationship with Others: Collaborates with a variety of individuals by establishing and maintaining constructive relationships.
- Remains poised in times of stress and can lead the team through moments of crisis while getting the project back on track