- Provide pre-sales support that includes solution development, systems analysis and cost estimation
- Daily team collaboration to develop cost effective solutions that meets the customer needs.
- Interfaces directly with customers, architects, engineers and otherdesigners and estimators
- Performs Site Surveys
- Leads and/or Participates in project kick-off meetings and prepares project technical design documents that includes design narratives, drawings and cost estimates
- Develops designs in AutoCAD and/or MS Visio drawings
- Utilizes MS Excel, ACCUBID or other cost estimating software
- Develops device and equipment layouts, schematic diagrams, riser and block diagrams, floor plans, elevations and/or details
- May Provide project technical support by assisting project management with project implementation planning and execution.
- Provide clarification on system related design and cost issues and changes
- Retrieves and analyzes historical information from a variety of sources to support statement of work (SOW) development, work breakdown structure (WBS), technical approach proposals, and cost estimate development
- Analyzes estimates to ensure basis of estimate is adequately documented and a comparative analysis has been done.
- Ensures all project information is filed and archived based on corporate standards.
- May assist with the project manager with project documentation (As-built drawings, Cut-Sheets and specifications)
- Develops and maintains knowledge of current and new technologies the we offer.
- Assists with training internal technical and non-technical staff on new Solutions and or products.
- Management of small design and estimating teams
- May provide assistance in budgeting, financialreporting, cost control and process development.
- Schedules and Leads Proposal Cost Reviews
- Leads Design Meeting: Internal and Customer Facing
- Develops Technical write-ups and Statements of work for Quote and proposal efforts
- Small Team Management / Leadership experience
- Requires good technical writing and presentation skills to contribute to proposal efforts
- Knowledge of related codes and standards to include, but not limited to: EIA/ITA, BICSI, NEC, IEEE, Unified Facilities Criteria, I3A and I3MP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced quote and proposal environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (w/ strong Focus on Excel), Autocad, Visio, Blue-Beam Studio
- Experience with Ekahau Wireless, REVIT and ACCUBID a plus
- Ability to effectively present technical material to a non-technical audience
Education and/or Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology / Technical related field and 10 years relevant experience, or
- Total of 15+ years direct related experience considered in lieu of Degree.
- Registered Communications DistributionDesigner (RCDD) Preferred but no required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance