Boeing is looking for a Senior Systems Design & Integration Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for the operation & maintenance of our DevOps toolchain across our customer base and will work closely with various business and IT teams. You will work with our business partners to define business objectives, make best practice recommendations, and address future needs. The ideal candidate will be one which enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and thrives on being collaborative while solving hard problems. Locations can be Kent, WA, St. Louis, MO, Charleston, South Carolina, Long Beach or Seal Beach, CA.
This role requires flexibility, as some off-hours activity will be needed on occasion to coordinate across a globally dispersed team.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders across multiple business units and be their trusted advisor.
- Work with the business, service managers, and the IT delivery teams to ensure that business needs are prioritized, understood, and supported in a timely matter.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to translate business strategies and objectives into capabilities and present solution concepts for input, buy-in, and sign off.
- Ability to work independently to determine approaches to solutions.
- Work with key Boeing organizations (e.g. Networking, Information Security).
Lead a team of individuals, which will also include :
- Create, manage, and support all administrative functions associated with multiple DevOps tools (e.g. Atlassian application stack, JFrog-Artifactory, SmartBear, etc).
- Ensure systems are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Create and manage Atlassian plug-in components.
- Gather requirements from users, propose solutions that meet business needs, and deliver agreed upon solutions.
- Devise, test, and deploy integrations between DevOps tools and other internal systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of DevOps standard tools, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Ability to work a rotational on-callschedule
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Technical Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux and/or Unix and Windows operating systems including system administration experience.
- 5+ years of experience Scripting experience (Shell, PERL, Python, or similar).
- 5+years of Microsoft Active Directory Administration and Group Policies implementation and development.
- 5+ years of experience managing virtualized infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience with System Configuration Management.
- 3+ years of experience Working with web application structure (app servers, DBs, SQL, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with firewall technologies
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Experience with server admin tools like (e.g. Putty)
- Experience working with Government customers and Government Classified systems.
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to work across cross functional, diverse teams.
- Experience with general programming (C, C++, Java).
- Experience working with DevOps applications stack (Atlassian - Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA; Jfrog, Jenkins, Smartbear).
- Experience with automation / working knowledge of Ansible.
- Strong understanding of Application Lifecycle Management.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework or Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with network technology, storage systems.
- Experience with System Configuration Management .
- Experience with Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Load Balancing.
- VMware vShphere implementation and experience
- Experience with Boeing's Security requirements
Job ID 1900052131