Details: A Senior Systems Design Engineer role in Greensboro, NC is currently available through Belcan. In this role you will be responsible for providing professional expertise, evaluating, and developing solutions in the area of vehicle cybersecurity. To be considered for this role, you will have a Master of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with at least five years’ experience in one or several of the following fields: Threat and Risk analyses, Security Design, Risk Management, Security Strategies, Communication Protocols, or Connected Services. This is a direct hire opportunity with a competitive salary and world class benefits!
Senior Systems Design Engineer Job Duties:
• Lead and participate in security related process and method development.
• Lead and participate in cyber threat analyses.
• Participate in incident response and crisis management teams as cybersecurity expert.
• Perform risk assessments and recommend risk balancing.
• Design cybersecurity solutions for automotive applications.
• Participate in national and international collaborations or research in the area of cybersecurity.
• Maintain and build a network within the cybersecurity area and automotive industry.
• Write technical reports and cross functional specifications – breaking down prerequisites and requirements, describing how they will affect the electrical system, and proposing concepts to fulfill them.
• Develop and analyze embedded software specifications, electrical schematics and block diagrams of vehicle functions.
• Utilize various engineering and diagnostic tools such as CANalyzer to troubleshoot and analyze in-vehicle networks.
• Execute complex on vehicle tests and analysis to collect data for development of new systems.
• Provide the necessary expertise to analyze vehicle functions for determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems.
• Coordinate activities with other departments as well as deal with customers and vendors as necessary to resolve issues.
• Assure compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations relating to area of responsibility.
Senior Systems Design Engineer Qualifications:
• Master of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with at least five years’ experience in one or several of the following fields: Threat and Risk analyses, Security Design, Risk Management, Security Strategies, Communication Protocols, or Connected Services.
• In depth knowledge of automotive industry guidelines and regulations related to automotive cybersecurity (such as SAE J3061, NHTSA etc.).
• In depth knowledge of software protection, data security methods and tools
• In depth knowledge of data communication technologies and vehicle communication protocols (SAE J1939)
• In depth knowledge of vehicle functions such as ABS, Cruise Control, PTO, Diagnostics, etc.