Senior Systems Design Architect
The Senior Systems Architect (SA) is responsible for the Design, development and support (tier three) of all infrastructure system solutions as well as, develops, manages, and maintains server standards and lifecycles. The Senior System Architect ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. The Senior Systems Architect is accountable for Linux and Windows systems, on premises and in the cloud, that support MGM Resorts International Global Infrastructure. The Senior Systems Architect will perform research and execution of finding to ensure continual innovation and stability of the environment. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices, and procedures.
- Design, develop and tier 3 support of all enterprise-level server solutions based on business requirements.
- Design secure, robust, reliable and scalable engineering solutions.
- Analyze business requirements (functional and technical) by conducting information gathering meetings with project managers, business analysts and business stake holders, analyzing information and prioritizing requirements to gain a clear understanding of business needs.
- Provide technical evaluations and consulting support for projects as required by business partners.
- Develop and document operating practices and standards.
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution from a tier 3, SEV 1 and SEV 2 perspective.
- Evaluate and develop MGM Resorts server, datacenter, and cloud technology roadmaps.
- Evaluate emerging server technologies.
- Manage server standard lifecycles.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with vendors and stakeholders.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a similar/related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the computing field.
- At least 3 years Windows Active Directory design and administration.
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Windows Server 2016.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Cloud platform and Infrastructure.
- Red Hat Certified System Engineer.
- Red Hat Certified Architect.
- Other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations.
- Nevada, Michigan, Maryland, and Mississippi Gaming Licenses.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.