$200K — $250K *
For more than 30 years, NCI Information Systems has been a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services to U.S. government agencies. With its NCI Empower™ Platform, NCI is at the forefront of implementing artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to solve the government's most complex mission challenges. Headquartered in Reston, Va., NCI is accelerating public sector AI adoption to create a government workforce that is exponentially more creative and productive. For more information,
NCI: As the Senior Systems Datacenter Engineer , you will be a key member of the NCI team supporting the United States Army Reserve (USAR) Information Technology Services contract. The USAR plays a critical role in defending our nation, with the mission to provide trained, equipped, and ready Soldiers and cohesive units to meet the global requirements across the full spectrum of operations. The Army Reserve is a key element in the Army multicomponent unit force, training with Active and National Guard units to ensure all three components work as a fully integrated team. The United States Army Reserve Command (USARC) CIO/G6 owns and operates Army Reserve Network (ARNet) to provide continuous secure and nonsecure data, voice, and video transport, data center services, hosted applications, file services, collaboration tools, cybersecurity, remote access, continuity of operations, and end user customer service across the Army Reserve enterprise. These services are provided to 65,000 users with network accounts at approximately 690 locations, primarily in the continental United States with a few in Europe, Asia, and the Pacific region. Through the Information Technology Services contract, NCI will provide reliable secure network capabilities, enhanced operational effectiveness, and reduced capital and operations costs through operational consolidation. NCI will work collaboratively with current and future Army Reserve contractors, service providers, and vendor partners to focus on USAR's success, and maintain continuous delivery and management of consistent data, voice, video, collaboration and data center services, application hosting, file storage and retrieval, cybersecurity compliance, and disaster recovery/continuity of operations and maintenance to Army Reserve facilities.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Operates and maintains the classified and unclassified primary and secondary datacenters consisting of physical and virtual servers, storage area network, network area storage for backup/archive, multilayer switches.
• Maintains and operates applications and systems.
• Maintains and operates disaster recovery and COOP locations.
• Monitors secure and nonsecure datacenters 24x7x365 in Network Operations Center.
• Provides technical advice and operations necessary to transition to a cloud solution.
• Under general direction, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex environments that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
• Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E).
• Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution.
• Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation.
• Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order.
• Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered.
• Leads technical direction, guidance, and assistance to assigned projects, suggesting efficient approaches and methods for solving problems.
• Provides technical leadership for the integration or requirements, design and technology.
• Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations and maintenance.
• In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development lifecycle to ensure compliance to established requirements.
• Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes).
• Develops analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solution.
• Analyzes diagnoses and recommends solutions to complex systems problems.
• Conducts research and analysis of algorithms and defines data structures that lead to highly efficient system design parameters.
• Ultimately responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
• Secret clearance or higher
• Master's degree
• 10 - 15 years of experience
• 7 years of experience in data centers
• Information Assurance Certification: DoDI 8570 IAT II certification
• Computing environment certification: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certified
• Relevant technical certifications
• Experience working in the defense industry
• ITIL Intermediate certification or higher
• Experience supporting Army or Army Reserve Information Technology programs
• Sitting for long periods
• Standing for long periods
• Ambulate throughout an office
• Ambulate between several buildings
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
• Travel by land or air transportation 25% or less
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Valid through: 11/14/2021