In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Senior Systems Automation Engineer you will be developing tools and systems that support development and enhancement of Philips’s flagship patient management systems. This includes building automating tests and deployments, building new solutions and dynamically provisioning Philips infrastructure to meet the growing demand. The final milestone will be enabling an entire development organization to build and deploy autonomously using the tooling and patterns this DevOps team will construct and evolve.
You are responsible for
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional organizations to automate and streamline operations and processes for Engineering, QA, testing, performance, etc.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement the automated solution
- Develop reliable, modular, reusable tooling that easily deploys Philips software on on-premises and cloud platforms
- Build and maintain configuration tools for deployment, monitoring and operations to support our internal infrastructure with tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Build, deploy and maintain a multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service offering
- Work within a complex and rapidly evolving AWS environment
- Migrate from bash-based scripting to industry standard IaC tooling
You are a part of
In this pivotal role, the Senior Systems Engineer will be part of our growing DevOps team dedicated to creating a significant gain in the process cycle time in application deployment and upgrade. There will be many complex challenges that will require creative problem solving while working with a cutting edge landscape of various platforms and technologies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 7+ plus years of software engineering or relevant experience
- Strong experience with IT Automation technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef and/or Puppet.
- Fluency in Python and Java
- Well versed with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins and GitLab
- Well versed with containerization technologies such as Docker and AWS ECS.
- Experience with build, deploy, and release engineering
- Experience with Cloud Foundry PaaS a plus
- Experience deploying applications under a Linux and Windows environments
In return, we offer you
We offer you the ability to make an immediate impact and master your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.