We are looking for a Senior Systems Architect for our Chicago, Milwaukee or Phoenix Office. The position is responsible for design, configuration, packaging, installation, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of major N-Tier firm applications. Responsible for developing strategies for integrating independent applications and/or data to enhance application functionality. Work in a collaborative manner with Application Support Engineering and other IT groups for day-to-day support and implementation tasks.
- Take leadership role in the design, setup, installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, maintenance, and support n-tier applications (e.g. Document Management, HR systems, financial systems, CRM, Citrix, and Litigation Support applications) as required.
- Provide IT management and engineering with technical expertise and broad IT knowledge to ensure applications will function and co-exist with current applications at the Firm.
- Take a forward looking approach to technology and trends to ensure application support, availability and longevity beyond the initial design and implementation.
- Develop and deploy Business Continuity procedures and required technology to ensure high-availability and fault tolerance. Write supporting documentation for data delivery and application support for use by software engineers, non-IT administrative staff, and outside consultants.
- Provide mentoring and training to other administrative staff with the goal of making them as self sufficient as possible. Develop automated processes to propagate data to users and applications that require specific data on a regular basis.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune performance for firm applications, with a focus on stability and end user impact.
- Package applications for delivery via SCCM and or XenApp for both Windows desktop and Servers platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree highly recommended, Computer Science or MIS preferred
- 3+ years supporting one or more large client/server, n-tier, or distributed enterprise applications (e.g. Document Management, HR systems, financial systems, CRM, Citrix, ERP, SAP and Litigation Support applications)
- A sound understanding of Finance concepts preferred
- 5+ years of direct experience w/Intel based computers & associated hardware required
- Ability to lead team and train others
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple group tasks
- Work well under pressure
- Analytical, strong attention to detail
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Excellent customer service attitude