Senior Systems Application Architect
- Primary Location: Canada,Ontario,Mississauga
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17015415
About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.Citibank® Commercial Cards offers card-based payment solutions to large corporations and federal and state governments for the procurement of goods and services as well as travel, entertainment, and fleet related expenses. Commercial Cards' strategic objective is to compete and differentiate on the basis of global capability and customized solutions for high-value customers.
Senior Systems Architect will be primarily responsible for overall architecture of Commercial Cards Global Data Repository (Data Warehouse) platform solutions. Candidate will be part of Commercial Cards Global Data Warehouse development team and he/she will work as a team member along with other development team members and SMEs and other Architect’s in providing support to deliver a complete application solution. Co-team with the development teams to produce a technical specification, review technical design/code for custom development and systems integration requirements. Candidate will be responsible for technical specification, review technical design/code for custom development and systems integration requirements and detailed technical design document. The candidate will work closely with business partners to understand complex application requirement and enhancement requirement of the existing application. The position will require the candidate to perform data analysis to validate business requirement. Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
The candidate will be required to:
• Understand the business requirement and prepare design documents.
• Understand and evaluate source system data as part of system design.
• Create Conceptual/Logical data models.
• Participate in Model reviews with Data modeler and project team members;
• Promote and follow guidelines, development standards and best practices.
• Optimize SQL for better performance.
• Design of Java Applications.
• Demonstrate aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
• Co-team/mentor large development team
• 6 + years’ of solid experience in designing and developing applications and reusable components using ETL - preferably Talend/AbInitio, Java 8,J2EE technologies, SOA architecture in a volume intensive data warehouse environment preferably in financial industry.
• Familiarity with TSYS, Master Card and Visa Card data is a big plus. Familiarity with Credit Card application is highly preferred.
• Must have expert level experience with ETL and data warehousing.
• Experience with DB2 10.5 and its new features is preferred. Experience with relational database, data model and SQL is must.
• Experience with partitioning on database and leveraging that in ETL solution
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications is must.
• Experience in Java technologies: JMS, MDB, JPA (Hibernate), Gemfire or similar cache integration, jrules or drools rules engine
• Experience on Spring 4 is preferred.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are inspired to apply in confidence.