We are seeking strong Systems Analyst skills (gathering business requirements, writing functional specs, etc.). This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to join a strong, collaborative team and apply both business analysis and technical skills in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirements gathering, systems analysis, solutions design, prototyping, testing, and project management and work with the development team to design and develop a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and provides an efficient user experience for our business.
This position requires relevant experience working in the front office environment in portfolio management/trading/compliance areas. This position also requires a high-level understanding of client-server technology and proficiency in writing complex SQL queries.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization with a little to no oversight needed. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Engage with business partners at different levels of the organization to gather and document requirements for sentinel compliance users
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Conduct a thorough systems analysis for business requirements and provide functional specifications with detailed use cases to the delivery team
- Work actively with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Create prototypes; assist with systems and UX/UI design
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design as well as handling support issues
- Create/publish/review project plan, implementation roadmap, QA plan, system charts, governance plans and release notes for Sentinel upgrades, enhancements and hot fix needs as well as develop disaster recovery plans
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Assist with project management activities
- Provide hands-on analysis for support issues, lead triage calls and assist with user training
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance or other related subjects
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience in investment management or financial services industry
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Experience working with agile project management tools like JIRA
- Proficiency in SQL or other relational database technologies is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to independently run and own projects and enhancements by engaging with business partners and technical delivery team as needed with little to no oversight
- Prior Experience working with Investment compliance platforms such as ION (previously Fidessa/LatentZero) Sentinel, Charles River IMS Compliance , Blackrock Aladdin is desirable but not required
- Comfortable working in test driven development environment using agile methodologies
- Good understanding of various financial instruments as well as investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, analytics, performance, risk
- Self-starter and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Prior AWS/Cloud exposure is desirable but not mandatory.