- Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements for a multi-asset class investment strategy platform
- Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners and a trusted advisor
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team (including IBOR, accounting, performance and portfolioconstruction) to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in financial statement analysis, investment management or financial services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Analytical and problem solving skills in buy-side investment management systems and data technologies.
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, securitymaster, analytics, and performance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investors workflows in areas of analysis and portfolioconstruction
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is absolutely essential for this position.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational databasetechnology
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset