Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
IT Systems Analysts are responsible for leading, managing, and facilitating activities pertaining to the development and completion of system deliverables. System deliverables include validating artifacts, developing system requirements, and assisting with translation into functional system specifications. Incumbents work with business and IT delivery teams in order to understand the business vision and collaborate with IT delivery teams to enrich understanding by thorough deliverables development and reviews. IT Systems Analysts research and help resolve defects and production issues with business and technical teams and assist with defining and creating test case scenarios. In addition, responsibilities include participation in the sign-off of key deliverables and the storage of critical artifacts, as well as accountability for managing systems requirements and artifacts to IT team members.
We are seeking a talented Senior IT Systems Analyst for our San Antonio facility
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Understands and applies advanced knowledge of the business and technical domains supported to include its products, processes and services.
- Serves as a business proxy/SME on business topics within one or more domain.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Facilitates/oversees the analysis and design of technology solutions to ensure business needs are met.
- Employs creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in the search for technology solutions designed to support analyses and business need.
- Effectively leads the elicitation and documentation of system requirements and solutions into work products.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and requirements to deliver system artifacts as needed. For example: Functional/system requirements, use cases, GUI specifications and Business Rules.
- Effectively serves and business and technical SME on PLN efforts, research and other pre-project topics.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Manages and ensures traceability of approved and base-lined work products through the software development lifecycle to include application specifications, design, development, usability, testing, implementation, and defect prioritization.
- Provides guidance on Test Scenarios and reviews Test Cases and ensures coverage of testable requirements.
- Collaborates with Test Leads and subject matter experts to establish the Testing Approach including usability and performance needs.
- Provides certification and actively participates in defect management activities to confirm requirements are being met. Manages change control for affected system artifacts.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience to include business and/or project management, business/system requirements, and technical analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience in the Information Technology field.
- Master’s degree and/or 2 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytic tools and technologies.
- Relevant experience with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and/or SAFe framework methodologies.
- Knowledge of business management methodology, change management theory and practices and process engineering methodologies.
- Preferred certifications of Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Professional (ACP), Safe Program Consultant (SPC), Safe Agilist (SA)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Job Number: R0010051