Senior Systems Analyst - Supply Chain/Digital
Application analysts on the Product Services operations team support applications on multiple technology stacks across the entire product lifecycle including demand planning, merchandising, and supply chain execution. The Lead Application Analyst, Supply Chain works with a team to design, build, implement, and provide ongoing support for enterprise applications and systems used by multiple business functions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Takes point on business and leadership communications during production-impacting incidents.
- Able to assume Incident Commander role to organize and direct the actions of multiple technical teams during crisis incidents.
- Takes ownership of complex problems and technical challenges, communicating plans and status updates to leaders within IS and business teams.
- Clarifies uncertain objectives and helps build consensus amongst teammates and partners. Communicates confidently and has active listening skills. Translates technical language into meaningful messages to business leadership and end users.
- Helps to build and develop the skills and morale of others on team. Identifies training opportunities.
- Able to overcome challenging problems and issues on own, enlisting leadership help appropriately.
- Coaches team on IT processes and procedures and ensures ITSM methodologies are followed.
- Partners with Delivery and Project teams to help ensure that IT operational readiness and service transition activities occur prior to solution deployments.
- Recommends and/or develops solutions to increase operational efficiencies, including utilization of automation, proactive monitoring scripts, process changes to reduce support tickets, etc.
- Working with an Application Delivery team, contributes to the design of technical solutions for medium to large sized projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Identifies gaps between technical design and system/application capabilities for medium to large sized projects.
- Decision Making - Functions independently with limited work direction. May determine the direction work should take, following generally accepted guidelines. Assesses different options and recommends an approach following established methodologies.
- Participates in regular dialogue with business partners to help understand and shape ongoing operational requirements, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Takes lead role in planning, communicating, and executing small to large complexity initiatives.
- Installs software and completes complex configuration changes conforming to company standards. Creates change controls with appropriate implementation, test, and rollback plans.
- Performs data load and extraction activities to support testing or business needs, often across varying application platforms.
- Develops complex custom objects (queries, scripts, etc.) to meet business needs.
- Defines, creates, and executes accurate test plans for complex projects and software releases.
- Responds to production support issues and independently handles moderately complex issues.
- Independently performs ongoing application monitoring and escalates issues appropriately.
- Actively seeks opportunities to reduce support incidents and manual work through technology.
- Develops, utilizes, and enhances technical documentation, knowledge bases, and DR plans.
- Works with vendors to resolve issues as needed. Participates in vendor case reviews; supplies logs, information, and facts needed to support vendor resolution of issues.
- Seeks to identify and resolve root causes of problems; formulates and executes remediation plans.
What you’ll bring to the table:
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise application/system support or other relevant technical experience.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise application and integration technologies used in a retail setting.
- Experience implementing, enhancing, or supporting production applications, preferably from the product lifecycle (demand, replenishment, inventory, merchandising, supply chain, ecommerce).
- Experience leading or managing others.
- Extremely solid analytic and problem solving skills. Able to distinguish technology problems from people or process problems. Able to analyze and troubleshoot complex issues spanning multiple technology platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to articulate information to internal customers and IS leaders and lead complex and nunanced discussions. Able to work well in groups containing individuals with differing viewpoints.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and positive attitude; positively impacts the morale of his/her team.