Energy Transfer Partners - We are one of the largest Master Limited Partnerships with one of the most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, totaling more than 83,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products pipelines, traversing 36 states with associated terminalling, storage and fractionation facilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and support third party enterprise software and function as the primary development and support lead for in-house written custom interfaces and reports focused on the Natural Gas Liquids business sector.
- Collaborate with business users, internal technology teams and vendors to establish and prioritize business and technology requirements.
- Create detailed requirements of the user experience and user-system/system-system interactions through discussion as well as narrative and pictorial artifacts. Ensure accuracy of requirements during the entire development process.
- Coordinate technical implementation and migration of software upgrades, patches, code releases, and database changes for the various enterprise applications.
- Develop and review integration and quality assurance test plans as needed.
- Follow a strict methodology and process for change control, application support, and escalation.
- Provide training, guidance, and resource support for end users.
- Provide emergency support for critical priority issues and other business critical situations in a fast-paced environment. These systems include enterprise software to support the Measurement, Commercial and Accounting business groups.
- BS degree in MIS/CIS/CSE or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience analyzing and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Proficient in T-SQL, MS SQL Server, SSMS/SSRS/SSIS, Microsoft Visual Studio, and TFS.
- Experience querying and writing scripts for Oracle Server databases.
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- A strong customer service attitude and focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills. Interfaces effectively across organizational lines addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with Business Users and Software Developers to provide solutions that further enhance the applications and provide the business user with an improved experience.
- Attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output.
- End-to-end transactional experience in Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) pipelines, storage facilities and fractionators utilizing Dearman, Flow-Cal, Entero ONE and Transport4 software.
- Strong business knowledge of various NGLs business processes such as Contracts, Nominations, Scheduling/Distribution, Ticket Processing, Invoicing, Accounting, etc.
- Strong understanding of combining multiple software applications via interfaces into a single business solution.
- Experience working with Microsoft BizTalk Server middleware.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies to successfully implement business focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Familiar with the Sarbanes Oxley control environment and change control processes.