Receives input from team members and other activities within the program, to include Government Customers, ensuring successful integration of system components and operational products for a specified requirement, requesting feedback and input when necessary. Supports development, prototyping and demonstration at various site locations and provides briefings on the status of particular events or portions of the overall program as requested by the Program, Task or Project Manager. Travel is expected to be a part of this position and may include tactical field site locations. Extensive knowledge of Air and Missile Defense Systems and Military applications of Space and Missile defense systems, to include a deep understanding of Multi-Domain Operations, Army FIRES Operations and Maneuver Operations, is required
Experience and Skills
Required Experience and Education:
- Extensive and relevant experience integrating Army and Joint tactical equipment, to include integrating and operating government and commercial software applications for operational, testing, experimentation and/or demonstration purposes to include analyzing systems and technologies related to one or more of the Task Order’s Task Requirements relating to Advanced FIRES and Air & Missile Defense Concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of Air and Missile Defense and/or Field Artillery tactical system operations (e.g. Air and Missile Defense Workstation (AMDWS), Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI), Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS), Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS), Forward Area Air Defense (FAAD) and each system’s unique integration requirements to include configuring network interfaces, incorporating Modeling & Simulation protocols for virtual sensor inputs and tactical radio adapter connections.
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of MS Office products for planning, configuration documentation, briefings and reporting. Must be able to contribute to event reports and provide briefings to peers, superiors and external agencies.
- A High School diploma or GED with fifteen (15) years relevant experience, a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years’ relevant experience, a master’s degree and eight (8) years’ relevant experience, or a PhD and five (5) years’ experience
- (10) or more years of relevant experience, dependent upon education level, integrating equipment and software for operational, testing, experimentation or demonstration purposes. Must have an understanding of how to analyze systems and technologies related to one or more of the Task Order’s Task Requirements related to Air & Missile Defense Operations and Experimentation.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience planning, designing, implementing and managing Link-16 networks, and associated interfaces/protocols, to include RF and JREAP protocols, between tactical systems and commercial software applications is desired.
- Demonstrated installation, integration and operation of DoD Modeling & Simulation (M&S) applications, notably FIRES M&S applications, is a plus.
- An understanding of and experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes is desired to include experience running Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans, updating Operating Systems (OS) with necessary IAVA updates, documenting installed software versions, assisting with the forecasting of future software version updates etc.
- IT certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, Security +, Network +)