Alkermes is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Analyst to upgrade, enhance, integrate, and maintain its suite of Human Resources and Payroll applications, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Cloud, and ADP. The role is a member of a larger IT team covering all General and Administrative business applications.
The role is based in Waltham, MA and supports a global business.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for the overall implementation and support of the agreed upon business strategy of the Alkermes HR and Payroll systems, which includes Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (HR and Advanced Benefits), Oracle Cloud HCM (Performance and Compensation), Taleo Business Edition (Recruiting), and ADP Work Force Now (Payroll).
- Effectively manage HRMS projects using project management best practices and following required System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policies.
- Deliver high-quality business solutions on time and on budget.
- Develop business requirements, technical design documents, project plans, test plans, etc.
- Build and foster effective relationships between the business and IT.
- Oversee vendor relationships and support partners.
- Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external technical support providers. Ensure effective root cause analysis.
- Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are in place.
- Ensure adherence to FDA computer systems validation directives, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls, and personal data security laws (as applicable).
- Functional and technical experience with Oracle HR, Oracle Cloud HCM, and Taleo Business Edition.
- Significant experience deploying and enhancing enterprise application systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, concurrent small-to-mid-sized projects.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including an ability to interpret complex business requirements and translate them into well-designed IT solutions.
- Experience leading and managing third parties that provide support and system implementation services.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic, with a proven track record in successfully achieving business goals.
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of co-workers, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong team skills, including facilitating group sessions and reaching consensus across global organizations.
- Ability to initiate and influence others on the best solutions to action.
- Demonstrated capability to improve business processes.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry desired.
- 7+ years of experience in IT applications required, with a strong preference for HR systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification a plus.
Occasional business travel expected, both domestic and international.