Job DescriptionThe person in this position will primarily be responsible for the technical development, maintenance and support of the company's electronic data interfaces. The person will work closely with BISSELL's internal teams and trading partners to assist in the support and design of systems needed support new trading partner requirements. When not directly engaged in the design, this person will also assist in the analysis and support of all EDI transactions which include addressing break fixes and maintaining the overall health of the EDI system.
This person will work closely with other members of the BISSELL business application development team to design, develop and implement any required integration between a trading partner and the Company's other business application systems. The person will also work closely with the IT infrastructure team in the design, implementation and support of the underlying technical architecture required to support the EDI interfaces. This person must function effectively in a team environment.
The person will also be expected to assist and contribute in the development and implementation of standards, policies and procedures for BISSELL's Information Technology area, particularly those related to EDI development and maintenance.Position Requirements* Degree minimum: Bachelor's degree from a major university
* Specific concentration: Computer Information Systems or related field
* Experience level: Four+ years' experience in the design and development of business electronic data interchanges
* Experience with ANSI ASC X12
* Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in developing applications of business systems
* Knowledge, skills or experience in one or more of the following areas is desired;
o 1EDI HQ Software or equivalent EDI Translation Software
o General knowledge of ASCII or Text File
o Experience with Logistics, Order to Cash, Procurement, Accounts Payable and other equivalent business functions
* Familiar with various communication services and protocols such as FTP/SFTP, AS2 and Value Added Networks.
* Ability to manage the flow of data, perform analysis, generate summary reports and communicate by voice or data while being connected in the office, at home or while travelling by laptop or mobile device regularly without regard to time zone or day of the week. DESIRED SKILLS/EDUCATION:
* Experience with EDIFACT and Tradacoms
* Experience with Cleo Lexicon