Symetra is looking for a creative Senior System Analyst (SSA) who can help enhance our Data Infrastructure and governance to better support reporting and the common use of data across systems and teams.
The SSA will be responsible for helping to build, optimize, drive enhancements and maintain reliable solutions which enable Symetra to exchange data with the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC). The SSA will also support data exchange modernization efforts and help to drive the future state architecture to properly manage the understanding and connection of data between different systems and teams.
The SSA will team with developers, business and technical subject matter experts, quality assurance analysts and architects to ensure solutions are successfully delivered in support of user requirements.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable working as an individual contributor, teammate, team leader or mentor depending on the assignment. Adaptability, including the ability to make progress when dealing with ambiguity, is required to be successful in this role.
The SSA will ensure solutions are aligned with data governance and architecture direction.
Mainframe background with the flexibility and desire to work across platforms and technologies.
- Participate as a member of the DEX Agile scrum team (and other internal teams, as required) supporting the Product Owner to ensure that data exchange solutions are identified, delivered and communicated in support of business and DTCC requirements.
- Ensure alignment to data governance and architecture direction.
- Collaborate with the team to decompose requirements into stories, uncover associated workflows, data and business rules as well as define acceptance criteria based on real world scenarios.
- Understand technical implications and impacts of requirement requests.
- Provide proactive and timely communication with manager and team members.
- Support testing by creating test scenarios/cases, perform testing and review results as required.
- Plan and coordinate testing activities from initiation to implementation, ensuring problems are not introduced into production.
- Coordinate accurate data exchange with internal and external customers, define and document ETL requirements, troubleshoot integration issues and set up new integrations as needed.
- Support testing on multiple platforms, including mainframe.
- Troubleshoot errors within assigned systems encountered by the user environment.
- Understand assigned systems from both a business and technical perspectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Equivalent work experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years of Information Technology experience with 3+ in systems analysis and design.
- Experience delivering solutions which support reporting and the common use of data across disparate systems and teams.
- Experience working with mainframe systems highly desired.
- Experience working with automated test tools a plus.
- Advanced computer skills required; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, macros).
- Minimum 2 years of Agile experience as a member of a scrum team, including participation in ceremonies and use of Agile planning tools (ADO, Jira, Rally, etc.).
- Experience creating test scenarios, performing tests and reviewing results.
- Ability to use SQL and similar capabilities to analyze data.
- Experience working with rational databases (DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, etc.).
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) a plus.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude with creative resolution skills.
- Background in Insurance, Investment or Financial business & systems preferred.