This position is for a Senior Systems Analyst position. The role requires excellent communications skills and the ability to work with both technical teams and business teams to establish systems requirements. The ideal candidate is organized, has leadership skills and is comfortable working with project managers and business analysts.
The Candidate will be required to perform any or all of the following:
- Support and maintain enterprise-scale solutions following established production support solutions.
- Participate as a senior team member on new development projects and enhancement projects.
- Act as an analyst to document business needs and problems and document the proposed solutions.
- Provide application support including trouble ticket resolution and potentially off hours on-callsupport on a rotation basis.
- Contributes to the development and evolution of DXC reusable assets.
- Participates as a member of a design/development team.
- Identify and address technical or operational risks.
- Collaborates with the project manager to provide estimates and to assists in developing work breakdown structures for project deliverables for which they are accountable.
- Participates in or lead code reviews.
The ideal qualified candidates will have six or more years of experience and be well conversant with the different patterns used in software architecture and their fit and applicability in the overall solution architecture. Demonstrated experience with software design and solutions with three or more years of experience in a role requiring analysis skills. Technical qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Use Case Analysis
- Strong conceptual understanding of the Object Oriented Programming practices and ability to visualize the software solutions
- Conceptual understanding of distributed computing and n-Tier architectures
- May have some experience mentoring others in .NET, technologies
- Practical experience with integration of third party packages in an enterprise solution
- Knowledge of the software development processes and best practices for both Iterative and Incremental projects and Agile projects.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools; able to apply this knowledge to ensure successful application delivery.
- Proven technical ability and experience leading large enterprise level development projects.
- A good working technical knowledge and experience leading .NET development projects using current .NET, Visual Studio, WCF, WF, MVC and Team Foundation Server technologies.
- A good working knowledge of SharePoint and SharePoint custom development. A knowledge of InfoPath is an asset.
- A good working knowledge of RDBs. Desirable that this knowledge is for MS SQL Server and that there is also practical experience with SSRS.
- Desirable: mcsd or msad certifications in Microsoft Technologies such as .NET, BizTalk, Powerbuilder, JAVA, and SharePoint. Strong understanding of legacy Microsoft technologies is an asset .