Senior Systems Analyst
Our newest Senior Systems Analyst (BSA) team member will help guide our eCommerce web development as a member of the product delivery and development team. This includes gathering and understanding business strategy and needs in order to identify how best to meet those needs through software development. The BA will facilitate discussions and act as a relationship manager between business and IT teams in order to maintain the project queue and requirements for the application and end-user operation.
This role will analyze, validate and document business, functional and system requirements through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry trends. The BA will utilize the Agile methodology to carry out their responsibilities.
Imagine building the foundations for multi-lingual, multi-currency ecommerce websites that support global business for customers from all over the world. Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to Agile programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target releases while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, and see results in real-world applications.
- Learn and understand current business operations, how they interact with the application, and where best to improve upon them through development.
- Work with Product Owners and stakeholders to understand the business need behind epics in order to create user stories and acceptance criteria including technical requirements for delivery to software web developers and testers.
- Lead requirements gathering and analysis on some of the most complex areas of arrow.com.
- Create process flow diagrams to help illustrate complex requirements and concepts.
- Coordinate with the UX/Design team on user experience and designs.
- Coordinate with QA to validate that the intent of the user stories was accurately developed and work with developers to remediate any misunderstandings.
- Leverage prior experience with website development projects to learn the ins and outs of www.arrow.com including, for example, the dependencies on various web services it takes to construct each web page.
- Help maintain the software product backlog by working through what’s prioritized by the Product Owner based on ROI and business demands.
- Communicate significant changes to the website with the appropriate stakeholders before, during and after release.
- Create training documentation for knowledge transfer to end users and stakeholders on new features.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Work with team members and stakeholders across the country and around the world.
- Be the subject matter expert for your scrum team's focus area.
- Help collect, document, and manage enhancement requests from internal and external sources.
- Alert the Product Owners & business teams if development begins to fall behind forecasts.
- Forecast impediments to sprint completion during planning to mitigate risk and set realistic expectations.
- Facilitate backlog grooming meetings with team.
- Coach other Technical Business Analysts on all responsibilities of the role including writing user stories, gathering requirements, creating process flow diagrams, technical analysis and research, best practices, etc.
- Coach other Technical Business Analysts on the tools we use including Jira, Confluence, Google Analytics, Salesforce, etc.
- Help define, evangelize and be the subject matter expert on the technical business analysis chapter processes, procedures and tools.
- Prepare and present on topics at Agile and technical business analysis lunch and learn meetings.
- Develop solid understanding of business units across Arrow Digital.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Quality Assurance Tester, Product Owner, or similar experience
- Experience in Business Analysis supporting highly visible client facing web applications/sites; ecommerce, web, SEO/SEM, CMS (Sitecore preferred), or UI/UX related products.
- Website Search experience (preferred)
- Understanding of, and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of website communication mechanisms including HTTP, REST
- Experience with tools such as Fiddler, Postman, Chrome Developer Tools, etc.
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Proven experience in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, and organizational agility
- Ability to effectively communicate with end users, peers, and management how the software application can assist in supporting their needs
- Effective in cross-department collaboration
- Must be customer and end-user focused
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Website Search experience(site crawl or search related functions)
- Agile & Scrum methodology experience
- Project Managementexperience
- Experience in eCommerce
- Experience working on international projects
- A/B Testing experience