This position is required to meet with business customers to obtain requirements, design proposed solution, write and present solutions to our customers that meet the business needs. You will analyze current system applications and follow the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, to include selection, development, testing, implementation, modification, and transition to replacement system applications. You will be assigned application development tasks or projects, and have responsibilities related to sensitive or complex business solutions that will have impact to the organization characterized as considerable and complex. There will be attention paid to .Net development to build software and technologies of the .NET framework. As part of your day to day responsibilities, you will exercise creativity and discretion when developing solutions to meet the business needs. You will be subject to minimum supervision and guidance, and you are expected to have the ability to work independently or as part of a team to produce accurate and timely results. In this role you are expected to assume a leadership and mentoring role and reliance upon supervisory support should be limited to objective definition and unusual situations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independently evaluate business requirements and translate into software designs and specifications that meet company business objectives.
- Independently coordinate priorities and alternatives in assignments with appropriate business area.
- Select, design or develop new computer programs and systems by using analysis and development methodologies to develop code, test and debug programs that meet the business requirements and standards of the applicable applications.
- Produce code using .NET languages (C#, VB .NET)
- Provide technical support for web, desktop or mobile applications
- Technically lead the selection, design or develop new computer programs and systems by using analysis and development methodologies to develop code, test and debug programs that meet the business requirements and standards of the applicable applications.
- Write, install, test and maintain custom and/or packaged software programs and software releases.
- You are required to test all software updates prior to release for production.
- You are required to write or modify existing test scripts and test plans as part of IT change management processes.
- You will lead small to medium sized IT projects and staff assigned to the projects and expected to deliver projects as outlined in project plans.
- Address and troubleshoot new and or existing business system applications by correcting application code and fine tuning the systems usage of computer resources efficiently and minimize errors. Utilize problem management tools in documenting production problems.
- Write technical documentation outlining development code that can be shared with other information technology developers.
- Write operational procedures and documentation to correctly run application programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to quickly learn and use complex systems and applications.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication Skills - Successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Position will require frequent preparation and delivery of detailed plans and proposals. Strong communication/interpersonal skills with emphasis on decision-making, conflict management, and team building and teamwork. Must have ability to develop work plans, work effectively as a member of a team, report on status of projects, and represent the team in meetings and/or with the client, and be able to coordinate issues identification and resolution between clients and the development team.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted year over year for the degree requirement plus five (5) years of progressive information technology. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience on a year to year basis. Direct exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and project management principles, to include gathering business requirements; develop and design, build and test, and document and deliver programs, systems and applications. Proven experience as a .NET developer. Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework.
Application development focus: one-year experience programming for OSS/BSS systems, CRM solutions, web applications, Telecommunications Billing Systems, and or ERP solutions. Knowledge of Project Management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, or RAD normally obtained through one to two years of experience working in a software development environment. Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3.