AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL "Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a Senior Systems Analyst / Administrator – Salesforce at our corporate headquarters in Duncan, SC. The Senior Systems Analyst/Administrator, plays a critical role in identifying opportunities to add business value, pursue new or enhanced technology functionality, and drive the maximum level of standardization of technology across the entire corporation. This position is responsible translating business solution design into technology capabilities. Duties include the configuration, customization and administration of our Salesforce.com ecosystem working in close collaboration with our Commercial IT Business Solution Architect and Business Analyst.
- Work collaboratively with our Business Solutions Architect, Business Analyst and Business Stakeholders to identify, document, and implement streamlined business processes by effectively leveraging the functionality and capabilities of Salesforce. Use the platform to optimize business efficiency for the entire Lead to Order process, Post-Sale Services and the entire Customer Experience.
- "Own" the system: proactively look for opportunities to improve efficiency. Use knowledge of best practices and functional expertise to drive change in the organization through technology and business process redesign, maximizing the return on investment in Salesforce.
- Deal with ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions and drive end user adoption towards both simple and complex problems.
- Design and develop reports, dashboards, applications, workflows, process builder processes, and validation rules.
- Responsible for technical documentation and process flows.
- Provide detailed estimates of the level of effort associated with implementing business and technical capabilities based on defined business requirements and solution design.
- Manage sales related technical projects and migration of data into Salesforce.
- Address/fulfill approved user enhancement requests and implement meaningful enhancements to the system, including but not limited to writing custom code, creating custom reports, objects, workflows, email alerts, templates, etc.
- Engage in code and technical design reviews of solution implementations to ensure code quality and best practices are maintained.
- Create end-to-end test plan; execute the plan and manage all activities to ensure objectives are met and the solution works as expected.
- Perform mass imports and exports of data as needed to facilitate acquisition integration, analytical reporting needs and other business use cases.
- Maintain and customize Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Community applications.
- Mitigate risks associated with solutions which have high technical complexity.
- Manage operational requests and reporting including customer analysis and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules and groups.
- Review, prioritize & implement revisions & updates to software.
- Keep application users informed about system functionality & enhancements
- Provide application users with technical support, consultation & training for the continuing development & maintenance of Service Cloud
- Change management experience moving code/configuration changes from developer to production org Education/Certifications.
- Responsible for oversight of software upgrades and patching. Manage release strategy for enhancements of applications.
- Ideal candidate will help us grow and improve our Salesforce ecosystem, share implementation best practices and recommend/implement/test business and technical solutions.
- 4-year college/university degree in either information technology, computer science, software engineering, or business management.
- 5+ years' experience of combined Salesforce.com implementation, customization, development and administration.
- 3+ years' experience working in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Service Console and Communities.
- 3+ years' experience with custom objects, validation rules, formulas, workflows, process builders, visual flows, approval process and ORG wide setup.
- Work in an agile environment with a focus on iterative and test driven design methods.
- Good knowledge of business in a manufacturing organization.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills to effectively support end users.
- Proven ability to research, understand, and apply knowledge of Salesforce to business needs within the organization.
- Provide reporting, analytics, and support to end users.
- Ability to train and provide support to business system end users.