Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
As an IT service management professional experienced in providing support to Federal agency customers that operate in a demanding environment, you oversee the teams responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, that support the client's business processing requirements. Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain systems and components in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitor and tune systems and components to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develop and promote standard operating procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Work closely with agency Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) to develop and implement security solutions, processes and procedures that comply with Federal government and agency Security requirements and best practices.
Establish goals and plans that meet client systems administration business processing project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge of processing systems (including operating system-based desktops, laptops, edge devices, and servers) engineering and operations. Direct and control support for client business computing processes, working with Unisys team to coordinate related support activities. May have overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and project management requirements for operating system-based systems support are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making related to systems administration engineering and technical domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project and program implementation. Has the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments related to systems administration and related operations. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
• Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex IT processing systems supporting 5,000 to 20,000 geographically distributed users.
• Extensive knowledge and experience supporting processing infrastructures consisting of operating system-based desktops, laptops, edge devices, and servers, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Remedy; familiarity with ServiceNow a plus.
• Has used ITIL-guided operations management approach that integrate service management solutions with a repeatable, coherent systems operations and service practices.
• Familiarity with comprehensive server monitoring and event correlation tools; incident and problem management; and proactive capacity management.
• Extensive experience with meeting Federal network security compliance requirements, including tracking system and security patch releases as well as implementing patches.
• Experience maintaining audit trails of system administration activities, and conducting configuration audits.
• A strong background in supporting emergency management operations, "surging" network capabilities, and operating high availability IT capabilities is highly desirable.
• Working with teams to set and achieve high client / user satisfaction levels.
• Certified in ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications highly desirable.
• Desired Certifications: Citrix Certified Administrator, Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Good for Enterprise Administration, and Mobile Iron MDM Certified Professional.
• PMI Project or Program Management Professional highly desirable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15years of systems administration engineering and operations experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas. Relevant experience can be substituted for education requirements.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.