System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ year’s minimum total professional experience as an IT professional with Bachelor's degree. Non Degreed applicants will be considered who have more than 8 years’ experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience working with Unix-based operating systems, preferably RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2016 Server
- Experience with data storage (NetApp preferred) and data backup technologies.
- Must possess US DoD Secret Security Clearance, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security clearances from the DoD.
HIGHLY Desired skills and attributes:
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of other Linux and Unix-based operating systems (e.g. Linux, Aix, Solaris)
Other Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Working knowledge of Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
- Good communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- BS/BA Degree in a professional technical field preferred.
- Significant, directly applicable Experience in lieu of degree will be considered at the manager's discretion after learning more about the applicant's knowledge and experience during a behavioral based interview.