Since our founding in 1982, Shawmut Design and Construction (a 100% employee-owned company) has been recognized as a Best Place to Work 60 times by our employee-owners. At Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client service for the world’s most recognizable and elite brands and institutions.
Shawmut is seeking a full-time senior systems administrator to maintain backend infrastructure across the United States. You will work in a fast-paced environment in the midst of implementing cutting edge technologies like Azure infrastructure services and M365 cloud security offerings. You will join a small team of systems administrators responsible for resolving escalated service tickets and the setup, configuration, and maintenance of Azure infrastructure, Azure PaaS solutions, Windows servers and services, Microsoft 365 services, and a hypervisor environment largely built on Hyper-V controlled by Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager with a small ESXi environment.
If you are a lover of technology who excels at learning new skills, someone who enjoys working with end users and support peers with a desire to provide excellent customer service, is supportive of a culture of continuous and organizational improvement, appreciates communication and is great at both oral and written communication and had the ability to write and maintain documentation and Visio diagrams and lastly but not least has the ability to work autonomously managing day to day workloads and project tasks with little management supervision...read on!
- Assist with day-to-day support and maintenance of Windows Servers and services inclusive of Active Directory domain services, Exchange email, Windows file share services, Hyper-V servers, and SQL
- Work closely with other IT departments and construction project teams to setup new servers and backend services
- Manage tools used for monitoring and alerting on backend infrastructure
- Analyze problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on systems, communicate with the IT organization, and track problems through resolution
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and support of the following:
- Server operating systems – Ensuring that all Shawmut servers are available and running optimally. This includes configuration of proper monitoring, and it also includes any hardware replacement and software configuration and updates needed.
- SAN and NAS systems – NetApp and Synology
- Security and auditing tools for servers and workstations (Microsoft Defender ATP console, Sentinel, Solarwinds, Azure and Office365 reporting, Office 365 ATP, Office 365 Security and Compliance Center, Azure ATP, ManageEngine)
- Microsoft 365 applications and service configurations
- Corporate Active Directory Services – LDAP, DNS, DHCP, DFS, file share services
- Cloud SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS solutions are all properly configured, monitored, and maintained at an optimal level
- Help develop and maintain documentation and policies/procedures related to the support and maintenance of the backend systems infrastructure.
- Provide IT Infrastructure representation for IT project related activities to ensure the tasks requiring the expertise of a systems or network administrator are completed
- Provide Tier III Technical Support – Diagnose and promptly resolve all escalated issues in the national environment. Documentation of solutions is expected to prevent future escalations, and documentation of root cause is expected to prevent future issues
- Coaching and mentoring User Services staff and junior members of the Systems team – Provide technical guidance and documentation to the User Services team and provide training to allow for issues to be resolved at first touch without the need for an escalation.
- Documentation – Create and maintain support documentation providing peers, User Services, and users with solutions to repeatable tasks
- BS/BA degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of installation and support experience with either Windows or Linux server operating systems and applications with the last two years focused on new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Understanding of client and server operating systems and applications
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and issues
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible work schedule will be necessary as projects demand
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of new skills or tools with minimal formal training
- Must have the desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly