Transform the way the world runs networks The Opportunity
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the design, support, administration, and management of a mixed Windows and Linux server environment. Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure, you will act as both a resource and lead on a variety of IT projects such as system deployments and upgrades, as well as the implementation of new process or procedural improvements. You will have the ability to influence strategy, and participate in the planning and operation of a multi-site enterprise IT environment.
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of the company's Windows and ESXI server infrastructure, operations, and automation.
- Participation in the setting standards for: hardware and software platforms, documentation (hardware, software), system architectures, security (antivirus, lockdown, etc.), redundancy (hot, cold, disaster recovery) ensuring alignment with best practices.
- Research and make recommendations to management for improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure
- Integrate closely with the ITSM team to develop and implement desktop infrastructure standards and deployment technologies
- Deployment, management and administration of Windows and VMWare servers
- Active Directory management and administration
- Administration of backup and storage systems
- Participation in the design, deployment and administration of various IT projects
- Navigate multiple time zone differences
- Act as the only subject matter expert
- Able to resolve conflicts with peers and business owners
- Decision making based primarily on problem solving
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks to completion
- Ensure work on projects are completed within established deadlines
- Consistent prioritization of work to achieve goals and timelines
- Critical observation and analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good customer communication and documentation skills
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders and users, other IT team members and potentially, external contractors and vendors
What Skills You Bring
- Over five years of experience in a windows server administration and support role
- SME knowledge with Windows and VMWare vSphere server environments
- Exposure to ITIL best practices in an enterprise environment
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage
- Basic IP networktroubleshooting and resolution skills
Additional Technical skills that would be considered an asset:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft System Center(SCCM)
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft MDT
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation from day one
- Commitment to employee health and well-being (e.g. on-site chiropractor and massage therapist, work from home opportunities, monthly fitness challenges)
- Daily lunch delivery services
- Fun work environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks