As a Senior Systems Administrator, you'll use your technical expertise to deliver the same spectacular customer service to every Redfinnian that our agents and engineers deliver to our customers.
- Along with the IT DevOps team, responsible for the corporate IT infrastructure for Redfin and its subsidiaries.
- Manage multiple Active Directory, G Suite, and AWS environments.
- Continuously improve the security platform and policies within the organisation.
- Analyze issues concerning systems affecting internal customers including software issues, hardware issues, and/or new infrastructure deployments.
- Provide excellent support for internal customers and liaise with vendors when escalating issues.
- Provide on-call support and participate in scheduled maintenance windows.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4-7+ years of progressive technical experience in a startup setting
- Systems, applications, and policy experience across multiple business units
- Experience running geographically diverse backup and recovery exercises
- AWS, Active Directory, G Suite, experience required
- Understand the principles of networking, cryptography and the OSI model
- Strong understanding of DHCP, TCP/IP and DNS
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10, Server 20*, IIS, Linux preferred
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects for internal teams while also building relationships with and managing vendors throughout projects
- Strong investigative skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Keeps up to date on the latest technology-related trends, including security issues
- Ability to understand pain points and deliver solutions that solves problems
- Coding and scripting experience preferred using C#/Python/Java/SQL/Powershell
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more