Qualis Corporation is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support the Guided Weapons Evaluation Facility (GWEF) performing Engineering Advisory and Assistance Support (A&AS) functions. This position is located at Eglin AFB, FL.
The qualified candidate will provide Systems Administration of Virtual Server environments and Windows client infrastructure environments including Group Policy, Application Virtualization, Windows update, client health, hardware selection, drivers, imaging and other major technologies that impact these areas. In addition, the qualified candidate will assist with design and planning and implementation of IT solutions needed to support small environments utilizing a team of System Administrators.
- Implement and manage Virtual Server environments and Storage Area Networks
- Perform operation and maintenance tasks related to Windows and limited Linux system administration in multi-system server environments
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems while working closely with cyber security to meet DoD requirements
- Responsible for compliance with DoD Security and Technical Implementation Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Install security patches on production, integration, and development systems and servers
- Build and install baseline system images and conduct technical refreshes as required
- Capture customer requirements in order to provide technical solutions and sustainment plans
- Recommend and implement backup strategies to meet customer recovery point and time requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement with an emphasis on customer service
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field with 3 to 10 years of progressive experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for education with government approval.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 certification required (min Security+CE); preferred certifications include: Microsoft, VMWare, EMC, and NetApp
- Extensive experience implementing and managing Virtual Server environments to include: VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience implementing and managing Storage Area Networks to include: Dell EMC or NetApp
- Strong background and understanding of Windows domain architecture, Active Directory, group policy, and systems/network security
- Experience scripting in Windows PowerShell and Python
- Experience working with HBSS
- Basic knowledge of Linux Systems administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with customer interaction and presentation capabilities required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively alone, unsupervised, or within a group
- Must be willing to travel up to 5%.