The role will be responsible for helping our internal customers adopt Epsilon’s log mgmt. and analytics platform by applying our best practices, tools and industry knowledge, from machine data ingest to building out use cases (alerts, dashboards, etc.).
A successful candidate will be expected to enable internal customers to leverage the platform to troubleshoot and monitor their applications and infrastructure. This role will also work closely with associates at all levels from technical system administrators to business leadership.
• Work closely with internal customers to understand their requirements, deliver best practices design and guidance, and configure Epsilon’s log mgmt. platform for their environment while evangelizing new use cases among existing internal customers and stakeholders 40%.
• Research the collection, parsing, and analysis of log data from various devices or services 20%.
• Develop default content such as parsers, dashboards, and searches for the log mgmt. and analytics platform 20%.
• Develop and deliver custom, complex configuration and training to mature internal customers who want to take log analytics to the next level 10%.
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to improve Epsilon’s experience with the solution 10%.
Skills / Requirements
• Knowledge of operating systems, databases and modern and traditional application stacks.
• Experience with public cloud services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
• Knowledge of regular expressions is a plus (though not required).
• Prior experience with any logging/analytics tools, open source or otherwise.
• Prior SQL Experience is a plus (though not required).
• Experience writing scripts in languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl (not required but a plus).
• 6-8 years of experience
• College degree preferred, but not required.