- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC's for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX System Administration - Preferred
- Windows System Administration - Preferred
- Shift work (Panama Schedule - 12 hours/day for a total of 7 days over 2 week period)
Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Mon, Tues Off - Mon, Tue
Off - Wed, Thur Work - Wed, Thu
Work - Fri, Sat, Sun Off - Fri, Sat, Sun
Off - Mon, Tue Work - Mon, Tues
Work - Wed, Thu Off - Wed, Thur
Off - Fri, Sat, Sun Work - Fri, Sat, Sun
Shifts are 6 AM to 6 PM
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance