Currently, we are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate must be able to obtain government security clearance, per contract requirements.
So what is required of Systems Administrator on a day to day basis? The ideal candidate will:
- Provides identification/fixing of problems within existing systems, design/implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems.
- Participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the development team.
- Experience as a systems engineer on one or more IT platforms is preferred.
- Must have solid technical background with a focus on IT systems.
- Skill areas include telecommunications (ex. -TCP/IP, OIS/CMIP/X25), operating systems (ex. -Windows, NT, UNIX), database/DBMS (ex. -Oracle, Access, Sybase) and applications (ex. -Tivoli, etc.) are required.
- Familiarity with ITIL, SEI/CMM desirable.
- Window Servers UNIX, scripting, Oracle,
- Network design/Implementation background.
- Virtualization, Citrix, VMWARE, Hypervisor.
Is this job the next step in your career? To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Successful candidates for this role will be required to hold and maintain a clearance at the required level. To hold these clearances, candidate at minimum must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain CCNA certification.
- Doctorate and 4 years experience, Master's degree and 7 years experience, Bachelor's Degree and 9 years experience, Associate's Degree and 11years experience, or High School Grad and 13 years experience in System Administration.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills.