Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a qualified, technically oriented, candidateresponsible for Operations Support of a large multi-site Windows environment.
In this role you will need to have a variety of skills and in-depth knowledge of Active Directory, VMWare, SQL Server, Windows Operating Systems, and various other related technologies. In addition, you must be familiar with PowerShell Scripting or other automation technologies. You will need excellent communication and writing skills and demonstrate attention to detail. Comprehensive technical experience is critical to your success!
- Administering and supporting SQL Server
- Building servers in a VMWare environment
- Administer and support Active Directory, Domain Name System (DNS)
- Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Microsoft O365 administration
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and applications software. Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems/equipment. Manages system resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recoverability. Implements security procedures and tools and develops and documents system administration standard operating procedures.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise data center technologies such as networking, data security, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), SAN and physical datacenter best practices sufficient to resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems, and administer and support technical operating system and enterprise data.
- Microsoft Clustering and other clustering solutions (fail-over, High availability, load balancing)
- Supports and administers the critical services provided by the Information Technology Management section. This includes the administration of physical Windows2008 and higher servers, virtual Windows2008 and higher servers in a VMWare environment, and other similar systems and sub-systems.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on the infrastructure environment to include (but not limited to) how to troubleshoot assigned systems, how to patch assigned systems, and how to shut down and restart assigned systems
- Responds and follows-up on internal and external customer support problems
- Maintain assigned systems in accordance with DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, and agency requirements.
- Documentation – Detailed System and Solution using design MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Change requests, Usage guides for scripts, Technical and Management presentations
- Ability to bridge the technology/managerial communications gap and clearly articulate information to individuals/groups with varying levels of technical understanding
- 5+ years in an Operations Support role for an Enterprise larger than 1500 desktops, 300 servers
- In depth experience with scripting to include, but not limited to, Windows PowerShell
- Experience in administering and supporting SQL Server
- Experience in building servers in a VMWare environment
- Experience administering of Active Directory environments
- Practical, hands-on experience and demonstrable technical competence with administrative and operational tools.
- Applicants selected for this position will require security processing from DOJ/Criminal Division, including background and credit screening. Employment and placement is contingent upon receiving this clearance.
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Knowledge of Windows Print Queues and integration with AD
- Knowledge and experience administrating Microsoft ADFS
- Extensive experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy
- Current MCSE certification (Must be able to be validated)
- 7-10 years of hands-on Operations Support experience
- Security+ or othersecurity-related certification
- VMware Certified Professional