The Digital & Technology Department has an immediate opening for the position of Senior Systems Administrator reporting directly to the Director, Digital & Technology Operations.
You will use your technical knowledge and problem solving skills to implement solutions in a fast-paced environment. You will also act as a technical subject matter expert for D&T Operations.
The specific responsibilities include:
1. Public and Private Cloud Architecture and Configuration
- Provide guidance in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud.
- Develop, maintain Private cloud infrastructure (Dell Compellent and VMware)
- Assist in the DR (Disaster Recovery) planning of a multi-site Virtualization and Storage infrastructure along with DR planning for local sites where IT Infrastructure equipment is present.
2. System Administration and Maintenance
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of software including operating system, patches, and 3rd party products.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Basic IIS configurations
- Provide support for tier 3 technical issues
- Provision and Maintain Server\Blade Server technologies primarily Dell
- Methodically troubleshoot issues using a variety of monitoring tools
- Document processes and systems
3. Application Support
- Must have experience working with a wide range of applications including:
- Email / Messaging solutions
- File / Print servers
- FTP Server / File transfer support
- Active Directory
- Cloud based Applications
- Must be familiar with proprietary application support
- Experience Scripting (PowerShell/JSON/ARM)
4. Networking Administration
- Understanding of Network topologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues in a LAN / WAN environment
- Act as an Escalation point for the Computer Operations team.
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption.
- Lead Problem Solving efforts possibly involving outside support or other support personnel.
- University / College education in computer science or relevant work experience.
- Must be either certified or working towards MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure
- 5+ years of storage and virtualization experience in a mid-size to enterprise environment.
- 5+ years Disaster Recovery Experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting remote locations and working with a remote support utility
- 5+ Years working with windows 2008/2012 Operating Systems
- 2+ Years of Working with Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Must be able to design, prepare and conduct new technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements and make recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be able to operate in a busy environment and manage multiple projects and change with shifting priorities
- Must possess design and documentation skills utilizing MS Visio to keep network / infrastructure diagrams current
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to be on call on a rotational basis
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel may be required