We are seeking a Senior Level System Administrator to support a client’s Data Center Management operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Provide configuring and tuning of systems (including: Windows, Oracle, SQL, Microsoft Hyper-V, PowerShell scripting and Linux servers) support to client data centers.
- Create and implement scripts in an enterprise environment to include, scripting for:
- Hyper-V administration.
- Failover cluster administration.
- Windows server administration.
- Unix/Linux/Ubuntu administration.
- Manage virtual machines to include:
- Creating, configuring, and maintaining virtual machines in a failover cluster environment.
- Automating where possible the creation and management of virtual machines.
- Plan, configure, and maintain hyper-converge infrastructure according to manufacture and industry best practices.
- Create automation for repeating system administration tasks.
- Assist in Tier 1/2/3 support issues.
- Create and maintain well written and easy-to-understand documentation for new and existing system processes and configurations with minimal oversight.
- Plan, configure, and maintain Dell SAN arrays in accordance to vendor best practices.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows server, hardware, operating systems and features in accordance to vendor best practices.
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux and Oracle hardware, operating systems, and features in accordance with vendor best practices.
- Create technical documentation to include Service Level Agreements, As-Is, To-Be, and Continuity of Operations/Disaster Recovery with minimal oversight.
- Recommend and provide technical expertise and assistance with planning, configuring, and implementing new technologies related to storage, compute, and backup technologies.
- Configure and maintain backup technologies to include backup software, reporting, LTO tape libraries, backup to disks, and backup to cloud integration.
- Provide In-depth knowledge with cloud technology, design, implementation, and remote management.
- Assist with the implementation of the necessary defined security controls as they relate to the client infrastructure in accordance with the Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) systems.
- Assess outcomes of vulnerability scanning to include the development and implementation of corrective actions to remediate vulnerabilities’.
- Perform adding, modifying, and deleting access rights granted to system and application users of the information system. This includes user account management and periodic administrative tasks as defined in the client’s Access Control Policy and Procedures.
- Assess the new system or application requirements for security implications.
- Perform patch management and vulnerability for physical and virtual machines and firmware updates for physical servers.
- Perform routine backups of failover SQL cluster.
- Perform routing storage management for failover SQL cluster.
- Assist in Tier 1/2/3 support issues.
- Perform patch management and vulnerability mitigation of failover SQL cluster nodes and SQL software.
- Perform instance creation/modifications.
- Perform user management (create/delete/ modify/quotas).
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain failover SQL cluster hardware and software configurations per manufacturer and industry best practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology preferred.
- 7+ years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge in SQL and Oracle database systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, Oracle, SQL, Microsoft Hyper-V, PowerShell scripting and Linux servers.
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills with the ability to provide high quality, independent analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to think critically, and effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is objective and consistent.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information by breaking down information and/or data into separate.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data or process information.