Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry’s most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry’s most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus’ deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
Alegeus is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, working in partnership with the market-leading technology investment firm to reinvent the consumer directed healthcare marketplace. Our talented associates benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to exceptional toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
Alegeus seeks a Senior System Administrator to join their dedicated, passionate team of professionals. The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the company and clients’ infrastructure.
• Responsible for the management and maintenance of clients’ Infrastructure. Includes the participation in and oversight of the daily up keep and administration of companies’ storage, server, and virtual infrastructure.
• Also responsible for the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of companies’ infrastructure and architecture.
• Will be expected to show leadership to and mentor less experienced engineers.
• Specific responsibilities include:
• Design, install, configure, maintain, and perform system integration testing of Microsoft Operating Systems.
• Troubleshooting escalated server, software, and hardware issues.
• Recommend, schedule, and implement system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
• Determine solutions to remediate recurring problems or automate recurring tasks.
• Analyze and understand business requirements to insure optimal server architecture and infrastructure are put in place to assure high availability and recoverability.
• Monitor server environment for proactive assessment of performance and identification of potential resource bottlenecks.
• Perform capacity planning, performance optimization, and preventative maintenance duties such as backup/recovery and tuning.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend technology products and services.
• Provide training and support to users.
• Participate in project activities and planning.
• Develop and maintain system tools and scripts for automating or simplifying system administration tasks.
• Establish and maintain contact with vendors for maintenance and service.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of system administration best practices, technical standards, policies, and documentation.
• Responsible for development and documentation of corporate policies and procedures as related to network, system, and device use and security.
• Responsible for the overall design and growth of local and wide area networks.
• Provide second level help desk support. This requires resolution of user and network issues beyond the first level help desk expertise or security capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in systems administration. Experience must include five (5) years of each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
• VMware ESX environment;
• EMC SAN VMAX, Xtreme I/O;
• Windows environment (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, etc.);
• F5 Load Balancer;
• Linux; Email systems; and