Super Micro Computer, Inc. is seeking a talented Senior System Solution Manager with track records of bringing products from inception to production and delivering whitepaper, benchmark, technical notes from draft to publications and presentations in both internal and external audiences . The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and result-oriented with experience in designing and steering a long term enterprise architecture solution with successful product delivery. Start-up experience and spirit desired but not required. The individual should hold key responsibilities and proven successful results. Additional duties include team building from scratch and implement PDLC with both waterfall to agileprocesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Drive innovative storage solutions to meet market demands of hyper-converged, converged, software-defined data centers, best with customer-facing Internet or cloud storage services
- Applying deep understanding of File/Block/Object and trade off among RAID 0,1,5,6,10, multi-way mirror or erasure coding to model storage application workloads.
- Down to ground level in calculating IOPS, capacity, throughput, protection levels with HDD/SSD/NVMe then optimizing for SAN, NAS, CEPH, Lustre, Windows SoFS, Clustered File System or Swift in OpenStack, etc. storage solutions
- Working experience in Container, Kubernetes, No-SQL, RDBMS, Backup/Restore, de-duplication, storage Replication and/or Disaster Recovery preferred
- Working level knowledge of data center networking and routing algorithms including level 2/3, firewall, load balancing, LACP, NIC teaming, HA, ToR and core switch design
- 15 years + of enterprise solution experiences across Server/Storage/OS/Cloud Infrastructure
- 10+ years of solution architectureexperience with track records that bring products from scratch (or requirements) to production
- Knowledge in BIOS/firmware/network/kernel on SMP system across Linux/Windows.