Join our DCGS-A engineering and sustainment services DCGS-A Enabled ACE (DE-AA) and Single Source (DE-SS) sustainment teams. The DE-SS & DE-AA sustainment team provides the SEC all system specific necessary functions to complete their critical PM sustainment support activities. Types of support provided by the team include Engineering Management, Development Management, Test/Quality Assurance Engineering (T/QAE), and Technical Writing.
The team supports all system specific development areas inside the DE-SS & DE-AA baselines including the following types of artifact solution development: Architecture, Infrastructure, Software, Database, Web, and Software. Solution development occurs within the SEC PPSS software development lifecycle. Additionally the team is responsible for communicating with field support elements to resolve critical issues in a timely and effective manner.
As the Senior System Development Lead, you will work with a team of system specific software developers and infrastructure management professionals to create predictable and high quality results from each software development activity. The primary objective of the development lead is to help the system specific development team in building self-organizing, self-managing scrum teams to achieve predictable delivery of releases. The system lead will help implement, enforce, and improve Scrum practices based on the SAFe Agile methodology as well as identify and eliminate impediments. The lead role is also responsible for assisting the development team in organizing and facilitating release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story grooming sessions, and any otherScrum-related meetings. Specifically, you will:
- Report to the contract wide ScrumMaster, be the DE-SS & DE-AA subject matter expert on scrum implementation and improvements
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, Sprint reviews, retrospectives and demos with team and Product Owner/stakeholders
- Coach team members on agile principles and providing general guidance on agile best practices.
- Ensure core agile principles are followed and practiced within the scrum teams
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress to their teams and management
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance productivity, responsiveness, and quality
- Assist key business users (product owners) with backlog creation, grooming and prioritization
- Identify and remove impediments to prevent distractions
- Notify the contract wide ScrumMaster quickly and effectively of any issues identified that could negatively affect software delivery
- A technical bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience is required (No degree substitution with years of experience)
- At least 2 years’ experience leading a development project in a Department of Defense software development environment
- At least 2 years software development experience in either DE-SS and DE-AS
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues at a high level
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills with multiple levels of stakeholders
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified (baseline security certification i.e. CompTIA Security+ce) and (technical computing environment training or certification i.e. Server+) prior to start of work
- Secret Clearance Required. TS/SCI Eligibility needed based on final work assignment
- Master’s degree in either a technical or management discipline
- Certified ScrumDeveloper (CSD)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- At least 1 direct year of DCGS-A experience with successful Agile techniques: such as Affinity Estimating, User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Agile Games
- DoD 8570 qualifying certification in a coding language or supporting OS / DB
- Demonstrated experience in a coding language such as JAVA, C, or others
- Experience with code repository management systems
- Experience with several individual development environments IDEs
- Specific understanding of at least three of the DCGS-A family of systems
- Experience with development in both Microsoft and Linux environments
- Experience working in / managing a VMware ESXi virtualized DoD lab environment
- Experience working in / managing a VMware vCloud virtualized DoD lab environment.