Join our Distributed Common Ground Station-Army engineering and sustainment services DCGS-A Enabled All Source (DE-SS) sustainment team. The DE-SS sustainment team provides the SEC all system specific necessary functions to complete their critical PM DCGS-A sustainment support activities.
The team supports all system specific development areas inside the DE-SS baselines including the following types of artifact solution development: Architecture, Infrastructure, Software, Database, Web, and Software. Solution development occurs within the SEC PPSS software development lifecycle. Additionally the team is responsible for communicating with field support elements to resolve critical issues in a timely and effective manner. As a part of this team, your work efforts will contribute to the maintenance of the mixed-use data centers and standalone development environments supporting integrations, testing, and cybersecurity of the DCGS-A family of products. Bottom line we build, implement, and maintain software tools and system environments used for delivering new IT solutions to the U.S. Army.
As a DE-SS System Engineer, you will work as a system specific subject matter expert for the DE-SS systems under sustainment. You must communicate and collaborate to resolve issues with Field Support Engineers, the Development support team, and PM to further evolve the DE-SS systems development environments. Specifically, you will:
- Load and configure baselines, train current software baselines, assist with hardware evaluations, as well as evaluations of new developed software prior to formal IV&V testing.
- Assist the system specific development teams to load software baselines on current and future hardware.
- Support the transition of software and hardware environments from the PM to the Depot.
- Operate in a hybrid virtualization environment with VMware ESXi, vCloud, and standalone systems
- Enhance existing automation environments and streamline provisioning.
- Maintain and monitor hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone servers, blade compute, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure
- Assist in research, selection and implementation of virtualization and storage solutions
- Assist the system specific development teams with the development of documentation for software installs on multiple hardware baselines and provide back to the lab manager
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 7 years of professional work experience is required (10 years of experience without the degree)
- At least 1 year of experience with either DE-AS, DE-SS, DCGS-A Fixed, or DCGS-A v3
- At least 1 year of experience with UNIX (preferably Oracle Solaris) or Linux (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux) administration
- Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft common services and existing within a Microsoft environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX)
- Experience in scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
- Experience in creating technical documentation
- Working knowledge of storage systems and automation
- Must be self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
- Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues
- Understanding of CISCO networking technologies
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified (baseline security certification i.e. CompTIA Security+ce) and (technical computing environment training or certification i.e. Server+) prior to start of work
- Secret Clearance Required. TS/SCI Eligibility needed based on final work assignment
- RHCSA or other related Linux certification
- MCSA or other related Microsoft certification
- CCNA or othernetworking certification
- VMware Certified Professional VCP5.x-DCV
- Demonstrated experience with software developers or Lab Management operations
- Direct DCGS-A experience in AFG/IRAQ
- Familiarity of project management principles
- DCGS-A V3.X, ACE Block 2, or another DCGS-A FSE level course
- Direct experience with multiple storage technologies working in tandem i.e. NETAPP, Hitachi, and flash based SAN