Industry: Patient Care•
8 - 10 years
Posted 428 days ago
As a member of the division leadership team, provides administrative leadership for the Division of Quality and Safety and for the Division’s internal and external collaborative efforts. Provides the integral link between clinical performance, improvement actions, contracting/financial implications associated with quality and reporting in support of delivering safe high quality care, continued improvement of care, achievement of performance-related goals and enhancement of value. Guides the development of data elements/sources, assures data accuracy and support data/information dissemination.
Reports to the Director Performance Innovations.
Performs duties under the direction of the Vice President, Division of Quality and Safety and the Chief Quality Officer.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Participates in Division strategic planning and in the strategic planning related to Quality and Safety associated with clinical Service Lines, hospital platforms, the GIO and the health system.
2. *Develops functional and strategic objectives, administers implementation, plans and monitors progress relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
3. *Directs and/or supports selection of personnel in assigned areas; assuring professional growth and development of staff with focus on organizational development.
4. *Assures the appropriateness of administrative coding data for proper reporting of Patient Safety Indicators, Hospital Acquired Conditions.
5. *Monitors Pay-for–Performance initiatives to support improvement via maximum and timely use of improvement opportunities.
6. *Assists clinical departments/program in timely monitoring of performance related to certification or accreditation requirements in support of certification/accreditation achievement.
7. *Analyses return on investment associated with improvement activities to support the determination of strategic goals and resource deployment.
8. *Links all improvement activities to financial performance, supply chain, etc.
9. *Develops measurement and monitoring functions related to outcomes associated with improvement activities, ProvenCare, etc.
10. *Provides assessment of value related to proposed projects or areas of possible improvement to inform organizational leadership’s identification of strategic foci.
11. *Assists Third-party contracting in financial assessment associated with proposed performance parameters and with performance determination.
12. *Advises the leadership team on the appropriate business strategy to meet the mission. Provides insight regarding new programs/financial issues in a consultative role, making recommendations related to the financial implications of business decisions.
13. *Stays abreast of relevant current business, economic, and regulatory developments.
14. *Fosters a positive work environment demonstrating respect, teaming, communication, etc. that supports personal professional growth while assuring the achievement of the System’s Mission and the Division’s goals. Supports the Division of Quality and Safety’s Credo via associated behaviors.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates strong communication and positive interpersonal skills including positive conflict resolution.
Able to analyze data and clearly communicate implications of analysis.
Demonstrates maturity and team work success.
Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
Possesses depth of knowledge related to current health care environment and directions, especially the understanding of population health.
Embraces change and innovation with positive attitude with continued efforts to improve the value of health care and to enhance health.
Possesses a facile understanding of health care finance in FFS and population health paradigms.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
MBA or related degreerequired. CPA and/or advanced training/certification preferred (e.g. CHFP/Lean – Six Sigma).
Minimum of 5 years of healthcare and/or improvement/project management experiencerequired. Communication and leadership skills required. Must have experience in a highly complex organizational setting.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Nursing or other clinical degree, Operations Research, Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Statistics, Finance/Accounting or related field required.
Minimum of 7 years of healthcare and/or improvement/project management experiencerequired. Communication and leadership skills required. Must have experience in a highly complex organizational setting.
Requires extensive knowledge of financial principles and the health care provider industry.
Staff supervisory experiencepreferred.
Job Id 43604