Senior System Engineer - Unix
PostBegin Date1 month agoRequisition ID2017-20451Location US-TX-DallasEmployment Type Regular Full-TimeDepartment20-Technology
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- While also guiding others, responsible for vendor management, partner governance, and oversight to deploy systems which are complete, designed and managed over life cycles.
- (Technical solutions) Proactively identify problems, plan solutions, recommend software and systems, and coordinate developments in an orderly manner to meet business requirements. Including but not limited to: monitor and test performance and capacity for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with partners to implement fixes.
- Responsible for providing innovative solutions to proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability in order to resolve escalations of high complexity.
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, sets the platform strategy and road map.
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, proactively identifies opportunities to adopt emerging industry trends in area of responsibility.
- Meet commitments and deliverables as related to leading projects and/or project oversight.
- Provide technical development, mentoring, and guide the work of others.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent educationrequired.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
- At least 4years (or equivalent knowledge base) work experience in Systems Engineeringrequired
- Minimum of 5years of work experience as a Systems Engineer required
- Minimum 2years as a technical or team lead required
- CCNP/CCIE Certifications preferred
- Expertise across core networking technologies, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Network Load Balancers and NetworkSecuritypreferred
- Expertise supporting large multi-site corporation preferred
- Strong understanding andexperience in the followingtechnologiespreferred:
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k experience
- VLAN’s, VPC’s, STP
- Cisco Wireless, Light Weight Access Points
- TCP/IP v4/v6
- NetFlow, SNMP
- Experience in Packet Captures (Wireshark) preferred
- Experience with Cisco Prime and ACS preferred
- Experience with Network Monitoring tools preferred
- Ability to script using PERL/Python a plus