Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 83,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior System Engineer-Client Management.
The Senior System Engineersupports and maintains primary infrastructure and system administration of the Windows based servers hosting the Client Management application. Performs activities related to senior system administration. Provides technical and engineering expertise in the areas of systems-related project planning, design, and engineering of client management, including system performance management, and securityaudit and remediation. Possesses in-depth knowledge of client management hardware, client management software and operating systems software. Researches, reviews and recommends hardware and software improvements. Trains lower-level systems engineers. Designs secure systems and networks. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of operating systems internals and network communications. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Maintains responsibility for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software. Implements operation system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Creates programs to reduce amount of manual processes/intervention on system. Responsible for drafting system policies and standards to achieve company goals. Possesses expert trouble shooting skills and in-depth knowledge of operating systems internals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversees disposition of maintenance-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Ensures adherence to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides oversight and continued back-up to on-callsupport.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Manages various Windows operating systems, HP, Dell, and IBM hardware
- Maintains server and hardware configuration, as well as hardware moves and migrations.
- Assists with Operating System installations including patches and upgrades
- Demonstrates the ability to manage Multi-Facility Hardware structure
- Monitors Change Control process and verifies testing is complete
- Assesses system requirements and identifies potential problem areas while recommending practical solutions
- Uses advanced problem-solving and analytical skills to implement, update and support complex Systems Management application.
- Five or more years of progressive responsibilities of Information Systems management experience preferably with VMware, Active Directory and SAN support.
- Knowledge of various Operating systems, specifically Windows and Linux. Knowledge of HP, Dell and IBM hardware.
- High Availability system design concepts and configuration for best practices.
- Experience with Server and Hardware configuration, as well as Hardware moves and migrations.
- Operating System installations including patch and upgrades.
- Experience working with Complex Multi-Facility
- Hardware structure and platform environment. Experience managing system wide backup solutions.
- Ability to work nights, days, weekends, holidays, and on-call when required.
- Self-motivated and able to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Critical thinking and initiative to resolve issues proactively.
- Previous experience with Client/Systems Management software required. Experience with Symantec Client Management Suite preferred.