$100K — $150K *
UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Senior System Engineer to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under direction is responsible for support of and innovation of infrastructure and connectivity technologies at the Company. These technologies include but are not limited to Enterprise Datacenter Infrastructure, Microsoft and Redhat Servers, Virtualization, Storage, Compute and Containers. Collaborates closely with assigned information technology personnel regarding Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Manager - IT Systems
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Monitor infrastructure availability resources, utilization, and provide trend analysis on all managed and local systems.
2. Manage the design and implementation for Datacenter and Systems Infrastructure solutions primarily within the VMware, Microsoft, RedHat, Docker and Azure stacks.
3. Innovate and develop project initiatives using new and existing tools to improve systems, processes and create a value add for both IT and other UDR teams.
4. Interact extensively with external/internal providers and stakeholders.
5. Work with internal IT associates on the delivery of IT analytics with the use of AppDynamics, Solarwinds, Splunk and other associated applications.
6. Determine and test the potential solutions for both technical and business compatibility.
7. Work with the IT staff and other end users to implement and assist with application and technology implementations.
8. Plan and test schedules for completing system/technology implementations.
9. Review information sources consistently to stay up to date with the latest information on emerging technologies and items relevant to making sure our infrastructure is maintained to the highest level.
10. Coordinate with vendors and internal personnel to assure availability and timely completion of new installations and other application/connectivity changes.
11. Assist in the maintenance and delivery of departmental scorecard to report on application and infrastructure performance.
12. Work with internal personnel and vendors to gather information needed for special projects or new activities.
13. Review existing application\connectivity services for opportunities to improve services and reduce costs through removal of excess or inappropriate services.
14. Assist and support the Service Desk and users with troubleshooting of user issues.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday company issues.
Critically understanding the Company’s operations, business drivers, systems, and values. Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team. Superior analysis and communications skills are critical and the ability to be self-sufficient in fast-paced environment is required.
Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Ability to analyze data and recommend strategy. Perform duties that require initiative, analytical research, organizational skills, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to travel as needed.
Strong organization skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be skilled in focusing on desired results and clarifying next steps to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. Must have the ability to manage workload, to develop efficient and effective processes, and to communicate with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent technical background in PC applications including Word, Excel, e-mail, and file management software.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Physical presence onsite is required to perform essential job functions unless otherwise noted.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. Travel up to 10%. Rotating on-call required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, related field, or its equivalent experience, required.
2. Minimum of five to seven years’ experience required in IT services is desired along with a broad knowledge of technology products and services is required.
3. Work experience with the Microsoft stack, single sign on (SSO) applications, monitoring applications, Office 365, VMWare, Windows Server 2012+ and Redhat Linux.
4. VMWare Datacenter,Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, Redhat certifications highly preferred.
5. Experience with Linux, especially Redhat is essential.
6. Experience managing an Azure environment is preferred
7. A working knowledge of containers, Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
8. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.
Valid through: 9/2/2020