The function of this position is to provide development/operations engineering and tier three support to Teleflora's development and server infrastructure environments. This position works closely with application, web and database teams in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of all Teleflora servers, component services and related applications. The incumbent must possess at all times a total awareness of the overall corporate and business objectives and strategic goals.
Here's what you will do:
- Provide engineering support and development/operations automation for the Teleflora Linux and Windows based environments.
- Develop automated testing and deployment to support development teams.
- Provides troubleshooting and testing of systems and makes recommendations for upgrades and enhancements as necessary
- Monitors system usage and service / availability levels; develops and maintains measurement reporting; tracks related costs based on both internal and external usage
- Evaluates new products; making recommendations accordingly
- Assists in the definition of server related policies and standards and ensures security and disaster recovery requirements are met in order to maintain defined service levels
- Maintains awareness departmental budget goals and of project status, identifying conflicts and proactively communicating them to the appropriate individuals / department(s)
- Assists with the development, maintenance and testing of Teleflora Disaster Recovery procedures and controls to ensure integrity of the systems and to minimize downtime
Here's what you bring to the table:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical disciplines or 5+ years' work experience.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Advanced proficiency in managing and supporting a production-class (24 x 7 x 365) environment.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across environments.
- Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible type tools in production environments with many nodes.
- Familiarity with Redhat Satellite, Terraform, and JSON or YAML.
- Understanding of rpm packaging and/or Chocolatey.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Go, etc.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Nuget, Mercurial, Perforce).
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, SiteScope, etc. Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, JMeter)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Provide strong planning and organizational skills and maintain the ability to effectively handle multiple situations, manage priorities and work with only minimal supervision and direction
- Work well within a collaborative team-based environment, supporting the objectives of the entire group
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and enthusiasm in various system technologies and disciplines
- Maintain a constant awareness and understanding of emerging technologies and methodologies.