- Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications
- Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the server environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
- Responsible for maintenance of the operating systems on all Corporate servers, end user support, monitoring system usage and performance, patching, management of backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, process automation, server installation/configuration, and third-party application support including installations and configurations
- Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs
- Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the server environment and incorporate the changes into the system architecture, as needed
- Coordinate, test, and implement all enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems and business critical software
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- High level experience with SAN, NAS, and Enterprise Backup Technologies, preferably NetApp, HP, Cisco, Data Domain, and TSM.
- Advanced skill level and understanding of commands and utilities for storage array systems, fabric architecture and disaster recovery methodologies.