Join our DCGS-A engineering and sustainment services DCGS-A Fixed team responsible for the development, modification and support of mission-critical secure cross-domain systems and applications. The DCGS-A Fixed sustainment software development team designs, codes and modifies robust, secure, high-availability software and systems of systems to handle DoD intelligence data presentation needs as specified by user requirements and DoD regulations.
As a DCGS-A Fixed System Engineer, you will work as a system specific subject matter expert for the DCGS-A Fixed systems under sustainment. You must communicate and collaborate to resolve issues with Field Support Engineers, the Development support team, and PM to further evolve the DCGS-A fixed systems development environments. Specifically, you will:
- Load and configure baselines, train current software baselines, assist with hardware evaluations, as well as evaluations of new developed software prior to formal IV&V testing.
- Assist the system specific development teams with loading of software baselines on current and future hardware.
- Support the transition of software and hardware environments from the PM to the Depot.
- Provide IaaS and PaaS support for the Fixed system development organization
- Operate in a hybrid virtualization environment working with VMware ESXi, vCloud, and standalone systems,
- Enhance existing automation environments and streamline provisioning.
- Maintain and monitor hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, blade compute, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure
- Assist in research, selection and implementation of virtualization and storage solutions
- Assist the system specific development teams with the development of documentation for software installs on multiple hardware baselines and provide back to the lab manager
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 9 years of professional work experience is required (13 total years of experience without the degree)
- At least 1 year of experience with either DCGS-A Fixed or DCGS-A v3
- At least 1 year of experience with either VMware ESXi or VMware vCloud
- At least 1 year of experience with one or more of WSUS, SCCM, Altirus, or Puppet
- Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment
- In-depth working knowledge of Fixed supporting operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, RH Linux, others)
- Knowledge of Microsoft common services and existing within a Microsoft environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX)
- Experience in scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
- Experience in creating technical documentation
- Working knowledge of storage systems and automation
- Must be self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
- Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues
- Understanding of CISCO networking technologies
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified (baseline security certification i.e. CompTIA Security+ce) and (technical computing environment training or certification i.e. Server+) prior to start of work
- A Secret Clearance Required. TS/SCI Eligibility needed based on final work assignment
- RHCSA or other related Linux certification
- MCSE or other related Microsoft certification
- CCNA or othernetworking certification
- VMware Certified Professional VCP5.x-DCV
- Demonstrated experience with software developers or Lab Management operations
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Direct DCGS-A Fixed experience in AFG/IRAQ
- Familiarity of project management principles
- DCGS-A V3.X FSE Course
- Direct experience with multiple storage technologies working in tandem i.e. NETAPP, Hitachi, and flash based SAN