INTOUCH GROUP is a full-service network, providing a diverse suite of capabilities for our clients, including creative services, media buying, enterprise solutions and data analytics.
At Intouch, we offer innovative solutions to life science companies that want to connect with consumers, healthcare professionals and payers. We get fired up when people talk about getting—and staying—healthy. That's where we find our inspiration: in the very human experiences of patients, doctors and even each other. Then, we collaborate on ways to make caring for one's health more achievable, connecting patients and physicians with the information and tools they need.
The Intouch affiliates within the Intouch Group network include: Intouch Solutions, Intouch Proto, Intouch Seven, Intouch International, Intouch B2D, Intouch Media and Intouch Analytics.
Senior System Engineer Job Duties:
The mission of our IT department is to develop, test, deploy and maintain technology and services that support business and client needs. We strive to enable the workforce with the tools that they need to deliver superior products and services to our clients.
Specific duties include:
- Developing proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools and processes within the department's scope
- Developing proficiency in the business processes that drive the infrastructure within the department's scope
- Developing a working knowledge of the company's IT infrastructure, including hardware, applications and system integration
- Creating, maintaining and adhering to required departmental processes and procedures as assigned by the team leadership
- Developing understanding of and adhering to processes and procedures while maintaining the existing policies created by the business, clients and information technology standards
- Exhibiting the drive and initiative to learn whatever is necessary and explore new solutions
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with team members from various departments
Engineering and Provisioning
- Install and configure operating systems as directed by IT leadership
- Configure applications in web servers and database servers according to requirements
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures and documentation
- Assist in system migrations and procedure development in internal and hosting networks
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring for security, integrity and availability of hardware, systems and services
- Assist in archival and retention operations
- Monitor and test backup and recovery operations
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory accounts, groups and structure
- Assist with Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Configure and manage public cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services and Azure)
- Provide top-level support per request from various constituencies
- Apply operating system patches and monitor their successful completion according to patch schedules
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports internal and production infrastructure by completing maintenance and changes after hours as required
- Carry out periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing system and application performance tuning
- Develop and maintain documentation
The Senior System Engineer Role Requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, related field, or equivalent education plus professional experience
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of experience
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, Internet Information Services 6.0 and 7.5, Apache 2.2 and above, Cisco Meraki network infrastructure systems, Palo Alto edge security, Azure, AWS and Microsoft SQL
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.