Here's what you will do:
- Provide engineering support and development/operations automation for the Teleflora Linux and Windows based environments.
- Develop automated testing and deployment to support development teams.
- Provides troubleshooting and testing of systems and makes recommendations for upgrades and enhancements as necessary
- Monitors system usage and service / availability levels; develops and maintains measurement reporting; tracks related costs based on both and external usage
- Evaluates new products; making recommendations accordingly
- Assists in the definition of server related policies and standards and ensures security and disaster recovery requirements are met in order to maintain defined service levels
- Maintains awareness departmental budget goals and of project status, identifying conflicts and proactively communicating them to the appropriate individuals / department(s)
- Assists with the development, maintenance and testing of Teleflora Disaster Recovery procedures and controls to ensure integrity of the systems and to minimize downtime
Here's what we need:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical disciplines or 5+ years' work experience.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Advanced proficiency in managing and supporting a production-class (24 x 7 x 365) environment.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across environments.
- Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible type tools in production environments with many nodes.
- Familiarity with Redhat Satellite, Terraform, and JSON or YAML.
- Understanding of rpm packaging and/or Chocolatey.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Go, etc.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Nuget, Mercurial, Perforce).
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, SiteScope, etc. Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, JMeter)
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Provide strong planning and organizational skills and maintain the ability to effectively handle multiple situations, manage priorities and work with only minimal supervision and direction
- Work well within a collaborative team-based environment, supporting the objectives of the entire group
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both and external customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and enthusiasm in various system technologies and disciplines
- Maintain a constant awareness and understanding of emerging technologies and methodologies.